/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
For most people, the element of surprise provides a spontaneous spin on a rather predictable life. For a Wedding Planner, being able to keep the surprises at bay is what separates the good from the elite. One of the most attractive aspects of this industry is being able to control every detail of ‘the big day’. Amidst all of the planning and preparing, there is one element we simply cannot predict…drumroll please…the weather! So let us do our best to outsmart Mother Nature with these often-overlooked details:
Preparing for Rain/Cold
1. Tents – There is no ideal timeframe for securing a tent rental, but most companies require a nonrefundable deposit at the time of booking. If you are not worried about losing the deposit, it is best to play it safe and secure the tents even if you end up cancelling before the big day.
2. Umbrellas – Whether this is thought of in advance or last minute, placing a bulk order for umbrellas can be a great way to provide guests or members of the wedding party with a way to stay dry!
3. Heaters – These are available through most rental companies and are great for any area of the ceremony or reception, whether it is covered or not.
4. Blankets – This is a very detailed touch, but can really set the tone for a comfortable ceremony or reception if guests have a way to stay warm during your special day.
Preparing for Sun/Heat
1. Water Station – Providing guests and members of the wedding party various spots to grab water, will allow everyone to stay hydrated throughout the day.
2. Fans/Misters – These are great ideas for inside a tent or near any bar area. Giving guests and the wedding party space to cool off is vital!
3. Tents/Café Umbrellas – Tenting and large umbrellas can be great for shade when there is no plan for cloud coverage.
4. Sunscreen – There is always that one person who remembers to bring sunscreen, but what about the rest of the group? Providing sunscreen to guests can be the icing on an already beautiful cake!
While simple and seemingly unnecessary, the previous list can ‘make or break’ the experience for any wedding guest or member of the wedding party. Unforeseen circumstances may scare most Wedding Planners away, but rain or shine, we welcome the challenge J